Saturday, February 24, 2018

OkCupid - Hit For Coffee

We've talked about introductions plenty of times throughout the life of this blog. Apparently there is no change in the struggle to make an introduction. OkCupid recently made it a bigger deal to be able to respond to other's photos that are on their profile. That can be cool at times, if the person actually says something about your photo. Today the radiologist decided to respond to a photo without actually saying anything about the photo.





The photo I had up was one of me with an animal. Something simple that on Bumble gets me fun responses like "OMG I am jealous of this picture" or phrases along those lines. Keep in mind that on Bumble I'm using BFF so it's girls commenting and actually starting a conversation. It's just better than way. Instead of an actual conversation starter based on my photo I get a guy who wants me to hit him for a cup of coffee.

Now one would think that with an introduction you would say your name. Like "Hi, my name is Bob and I'm a radiologist." Why does this guy think that starting with his profession is the best start? Is he trying to say he has money? I know the profession can pay good money thanks to a google search but that isn't the most important thing to me. Why start with your job first unless you're trying to brag or show off? That must be what this guy is trying to do.

I'm curious if he is truly looking to make friends using a dating app. Doesn't he know that Bumble BFF exists? Wait, that's for girls only if I'm correct. Maybe there's a guy version but I wouldn't know about it because I'm not a guy. Either way after my response of saying I wasn't sure of why he wanted me to hit him for coffee he never responded. Yes, I'm that grammar person who cares about spelling. You saw what happened last time with "Hey ho" being the introduction.

He never responded. It's been more than a week so apparently he's either far too embarrassed to message me back or he hasn't thought of a clever and witty response to try and save himself. Either way I don't know what to make of the guy because isn't a coffee date a little overused at this point? Step it up. Make it a boba date and I am so down.

What do you all think? Did I scare him off or was he just not dedicated enough to starting a conversation? Let me know what you think in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment