Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Blogger Recognition Award

Look! I got an award this time around and it's going to have me talk about this blog. It's fun to see all the different awards there are for bloggers because it's a great way learn more about the blogger and their blog. Sometimes you don't always get the backstory or want to know more. Now is your chance to learn a little bit more so I hope you enjoy.


I want to thank Meghan at Got Meghan for giving me this award. I appreciate her even thinking of me for this. It's always great to be recognized. (:

The Rules

  1. Thank the blogger who nominated you & provide a link to their blog
  2. Write a post to show your award
  3. Give a brief story about how your blog started
  4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
  5. Select 15 bloggers you want to nominate
  6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them with a link to the post you created.

Why did I create "Single Vegas Girl"?

Let's rewind to a two years ago. I had made some great friends on my trip to Japan and China and kept in touch with them. Hannah is all about having the latest apps and asked me if I was on any of the dating apps, because I was single. I told her that I wasn't and she gave me a few suggestions of what to download. I decided to try it out because it couldn't hurt. Hannah had shared a few of her matches and mentioned that being in Vegas might get me some real interesting guys. It turns out she was right. I was sharing screenshots with my group of travel friends of the guys and conversations that were happening and they all got a kick out of it.

Hannah then suggested that I should start blogging about it. I didn't know much about blogging but she was more than happy to help with setting up the blog and designing the header image. I took it from there with writing about all the profiles and messages I was getting. This blog is only here today because of Hannah and thanks to the many new blogging friends I've made who continue to support me on this blogging journey.

Advice for new bloggers:

Get on twitter. Seriously. I was never a fan of twitter but after starting my blog I found that I do enjoy it. It's great for sharing your blog posts, meeting other bloggers, and making new friends. It will not hurt you in the slightest, save for the occasional trolls but let's be real, this is the internet and those trolls are always going to exist.

Figure out a schedule for your blog. Have a day that you will always have a new post and let people know what day that is. That way they know when to check your blog and see what's going on. I started out posted every day but I burned out. Now I post every Sunday and it works well for my schedule.

I nominate:

Hailey
Emily
Annie
Kyia
Megan Anne
Ginger
Brooklyn
PaleGirlRambling
Ashlynn
Hollie
Jen
Rominas
Envy

If there is anyone else who would like to do the tag you are more than welcome to! Just say I tagged you and I'd be happy to read your post. Please let me know when you do post because I'd love to know the story behind your blog. Hopefully you find my bits of advice a bit helpful. Do you think it is important to have a blog schedule or a twitter? Let me know what you think in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment