Tuesday, September 19, 2017

12 Summer Movies (Part 1)

As I mentioned before I did a bit of traveling this summer. I still need to make a Travel Tuesday post on all of them but I have so many pictures to sort through. Just give me time. Anyway while traveling there were lots of flights and plenty of airline movies to watch. There was time to kill so I figured why not watch as many as I could. So this is a post all about different summer movies you might have seen or might have missed out on!

Warning, all of these opinions are my own in regards to the movies. I'm just going to tell you the gist of what I thought about them. If you have a different opinion that is just fine. Don't fret.

Movie: Logan
Rating: 10/10
Thoughts: This is the Wolverine movie we all deserve. If we're talking about action and character development this movie has it all as far as I'm concerned. I know that it's rated R and it is for the violence and language. This is who Wolverine is and I loved watching him kick ass while cussing at people. If anything I'm just sad Hugh Jackman said he is done with playing Wolverine. There's some familiar faces and new characters who immediately make you pay attention and care about them so get ready for that.


Movie: Fate of the Furious
Rating: 2/10
Thoughts: Oh look, another fast and the furious movie. It's still sad that Paul Walker passed away so they did well not to include his character in the movie. This whole setup was too ridiculous, convoluted, and confusing. I still can't get over the way they had Charlize Theron wearing those strange dreads. Can they even be considered that? Who knows. The Rock is able to move a missile with his bare hands and cars move on their own thanks to a hacker. Basically it's only worth a watch to see all the nice cars.


Movie: Get Out
Rating: 10/10
Thoughts: I know there are plenty of mixed reviews regarding this movie being racist but please go see it for yourself. Jordan Peele does an amazing job of both writing and directing this thriller. It's going to keep you guessing the whole time because you just don't know what exactly is going on other than the fact that something is seriously wrong. This movie may change your view on some things because it is a play on current events, in a sense. Just know that "I'm the motherfucking TSA" is one of the best lines and will make you laugh in the end.



Movie: John Wick
Rating: 10/10
Thoughts: This is a movie that people definitely slept on, myself included. The sequel is the one that came out this year but of course in order to see the sequel you're going to want to see what started it all. Now, fair warning. A dog does die, but that is what leads to John going on his revenge streak! I mean, what other reason does a man need to get revenge? The movie is so well done with the stunts and action and fighting that I loved it. If you get a chance check out the behind the scenes videos to see Keanu Reeves fighting. It will blow your mind.

Movie: John Wick 2
Rating: 9/10
Thoughts: As I said before the first movie was slept on by many so they missed out. The fact that this movie got a sequel is the only reason I actually watched either of them. Surely some people must have had good taste in order to have this get a second movie! The action, stunts, and fighting are all here again. The plot involves John having to finish another job to finally be free of his previous ties so the motive isn't as good as revenge for his poor dog but I'll take it! I'm really hoping they end up making a third movie because I will be there to see it!

Movie:  The Lego Batman Movie
Rating: 8/10
Thoughts: If I'm being completely honest I watched and listened to this movie more than ten times in less than three months. It was a great movie to throw on as background noise while flying on a plane because I could fall asleep to it. I watched it while awake too of course. This version of Batman is just funny and the fact that they poke fun at his other variations makes it all the more enjoyable. The storyline is great and I just love the humor used. It's not super childish or just stupid funny. I'm sure they're making a sequel and I'll be watching Lego Ninjago when it comes out because Lego hasn't let me down.
Movie: King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
Rating: 7/10
Thoughts: Charlie Hunnam is legit the only reason I went to see this movie. I won't deny it. I know what I'm about. I was pleasantly surprised though by how much I enjoyed the movie. I thought the pacing was nicely done with flashbacks and various montages. I liked how his past was played out in bits of memory for you to see as King Arthur regains his memories about who he is. You're along for the journey with him. The visual effects were stunning although I know the camera work was a little too shaky for some in the chase scenes.

Movie: Cars 3
Rating: 6/10
Thoughts: Look, my only issue with this movie is that I called it. It's a Rocky movie. If you haven't seen any of the Rocky movies please get your life together and watch them all, except for the newest one. Pass on that. Creed is good though so give that one a go as well. Anyway, the animation and story are good but I wasn't surprised by the movie at all. I knew where it was going and how it was going to get there so it was a bit boring to me. It had it's funny parts thanks to Mater and some of the other new characters but that wasn't enough to fully keep my interest.

Movie: Boss Baby
Rating:  5/10
Thoughts: The movie was funny, when it wasn't just naked baby butts and fart jokes/references. The idea of the babies trying to stop puppies from being most desirable is funny because it's pretty much true at this point for people. The humor was definitely geared towards kids most of the time because there were things that would make kids roar with laughter. I know it's an animated movie but not everything animated is only meant for kids.



Movie: Kimi No Na Wa (Your Name)
Rating: 10/10
Thoughts: Would you like your heart to break slowly before having it completely ripped out of your chest? Then this is the movie for you! Ok, in all seriousness this movie does pull at your heart strings because of the events that happen but it is most definitely worth the watch. Whether you watch it with subtitles or dub you're going to be on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. The characters are so fun to watch and their interactions are meaningful as they try to save the day. This movie won't be one I forget anytime soon.


Movie: Nocturnal Animals
Rating: 1/10
Thoughts: I know that this is based off of a book and it received rave reviews but I don't get it. I want my money back! The start of the movie definitely scarred me for life so be ready for that nonsense. On top of that the story was intriguing but there was no resolution. You can't just have all these events build up only for everything to remain so unknown. I'm sorry but I do like things wrapped up neatly by the end or explained in another episode, but this is a movie so no next episode followed. It's also kind of terrifying to think of this happening because I'm sure it sadly would.

Movie: Sing
Rating: 4/10
Thoughts: It was just a cute animated movie with a bunch of characters singing the popular songs that kids know or could dance along to. You can say it has the whole "believe and follow your dreams" vibe and you'd be spot on. There are funny parts of course but it's a movie you only watch once and you don't need to see it again. Go buy the Kidz Bop album if you want songs for your kid to sing along to. That's all this movie truly does but with animated animals to make it more cutesy and fun.





So did you see any of these movies? If so which ones were you favorite? Were we on the same page or did you have a totally different opinion? Let me know in the comments below! (:

No comments :

Post a Comment