Saturday, May 20, 2017

OkCupid - Walking Contradiction

I'm still not sure why people list their social media such as Snapchat, Twitter, and Instagram on their dating profiles. It seems like a like a little too much sharing to me. I mean, those are platforms that you can easily find out way to much information from and in the wrong hands things could be terrible. Either way it's not my choice whether or not someone shares that. Today we have someone who has a profile that is a walking contradiction. That's using their own words to describe them, not my own. Let's get to it shall we? 



I'm glad he is up front saying he knows his profile is harsh in spots. So he's not perfect. At least he owns it. I'm a little confused about how saying "please" and "thank you" can go a long way. I know it's important to have manners, don't get me wrong, but on a dating app I can't say I've used those words very often? I'm not saying, "Please go out with me!" or "Thank you for your kind message." because both of those would be a little too much. Maybe that's just me.

A PhD in Psychology sounds very nice but I know that in Psychology you need to have a PhD to do much of anything. At least from my understanding it's the requirement in the field if you want to get any of the jobs and be taken seriously. It's still quite a lot of work so kudos to him. I barely have my masters and that was more than enough work for me. He has is own house, isn't married, and has no kids. Those are pluses for him considering a lot of the guys I've had lately have kids, baby mommas, and live at home still.

I'm a bit confused about him having a "real" job but then deciding he didn't want to work for anyone else. If he's earning his PhD in Psychology what does he plan to do with it if he doesn't have a real job? Wouldn't that be the point of earning a PhD? To get a better paying job he can do more with? Maybe he has a plan to start his own practice and he would be the boss. I just don't know.


Looks like I've landed a lead singer of a band! No wonder he doesn't have a "real" job he's busy running his band and helping to promote them. On top of that it seems he manages a bunch of other bands. Isn't that a real job? Or am I mistaken? I can say that I checked out the music page and wasn't terribly impressed. I'm thinking that he travels a lot thanks to the other bands he manages. He would just tag along because why not? Then he could also spread the word about his own band to land them some gigs too. A win win situation.

Ok so he wants a girl with brains, which every girl has a brain so that's sort of easy. A girl who doesn't get lost driving 5 minutes up the road, which sounds like more of an issue for someone with memory loss. That's sort of a hard thing to do especially with our smart phones nowadays having maps isn't it? An independent girl is a good thing to have but I think wanting/needing a guy who chases them around isn't important? I think if anything a girl just wants to feel like she's wanted around. Like don't put her off to the side even though she's independent. She still wants to feel loved and important.


I get that he's an introverted extrovert. There are days when I want to hang out with a bunch of friends and do a bunch of fun things and then there are other days when all I want to do is sit around and watch Netflix. I think that's how quite a few people are considering we all need our social time and then just time to ourselves. I'm curious what he likes to watch on Comedy Central considering there are some funny things and some not so great things on that station in my opinion.

When it comes to what he doesn't want I think he got a bit confused with the lineup. I get not wanting someone who has three kids from three different men but how could he not want them to be on a dating site? There's nothing wrong with that. Or perhaps he just doesn't want to meet people on a dating site and wants to spread the word about his band. That makes more sense. Then he says he doesn't want someone who is "don't be uneducated or ignorant" which is just a double negative and confuses me. Which one does he want? 

He doesn't want someone who has dreams or a future? You've mixed up your list bro. This is the one where you say what you don't want, not what you do want. He does not want someone with a nice rack or a brain. I guess he's doomed because every person has a brain. He doesn't want someone who doesn't think the Earth is 6,000 years old, which is oddly specific. Are we going to be debating when Earth was formed anytime soon? He also doesn't want someone who doesn't have Snapchat filters on their profile pics. I suppose I need to get some Snapchat filters on my pictures if I'm going to have this guy interested in me!

Seriously though, you can't make a list and then forget what your list is about. I'm certain you didn't have to scroll up to see what you had previously typed so did you just get lazy and throw in whatever you wanted? He must have been thinking, "Ah yes, these are good things to add so they know what I want and don't want all in one. Then they'll know that I don't know how to make a list!"

I actually had to Google what "Scrumtrellescent" is but all I got what Urban Dictionary saying it is spelled "Scrumtrulescent" and it was a word used on Saturday Night Live that basically means "so great that any other word employed would be woefully insufficient, and would serve only to limit the sheer magnitude of the greatness intended as a descriptor." I think this guy does think he is so great that no words can sufficiently describe him but I'm easily going to have to pass on him.

What do you all think? Were you as bored by this long profile as I was? Would you be interested in dating a singer in a band or would that be an automatic turn off for you? Do you think that his likes are grossly understated in terms of what would be expected considering having a brain isn't truly that hard. Sorry, not sorry but I think he needs to state specifically what sort of brain he's looking for. Like people smart, street smart, book smart, etc. It's not that hard. What did you think of his use of Scrumtrulescent? Let me know what you think in the comments below. (:

No comments :

Post a Comment