Sunday, January 8, 2017

Tinder - Me and My Girlfriend

Please know that I would have titled this post My Girlfriend and I but of course I am cutting and pasting this straight from the profile of a boy named Drey. I don't want to take away from his message or anything because obviously he is the most important one in this relationship. He puts himself first so you best not forget it. That's right, he is all ready establishing his dominance on an online dating app where people are just swiping back and forth. Let's get into it shall we?


He started off listing his snapchat, which I got rid of because I didn't want to scar any of you for life on accident. You never know what people post on snapchat these days anyways. Add on the fact that if someone willingly gives out their info they want strangers to see what they are posting so they might put on a show if you know what I mean. Let's just avoid all that. I've barely given my snapchat username to a handful of friends and fellow bloggers and that's enough for me. At least he didn't have his Instagram connected or I would have found even more to judge him harshly on.

Drey saying that he and his girlfriend are into other girls is a huge turnoff for me. That's just not what I'm looking for. If someone is out there looking for this kind of relationship I wish you luck because you never know what you'll find. I can't imagine there being no drama if there were other people added into the dynamic of their relationship. Surely something will come up and become a problem or issue for everyone involved in the relationship. Maybe I am wrong and they are just super loving people who will get along with others no matter what. 

Either way I get it, everyone has their own thing that they are into when it comes to a relationship. I am the type of person who would only want a one on one relationship and that would be enough to try and deal with. Adding anyone else to the mix just seems a bit strange, weird, and wrong. That's my own opinion for my own relationship. Others may find it completely normal and easy to deal with so kudos to them. I met a trio who were all very much into each other and their relationship obviously worked for them. To each their own. 

What do you all think? I mean, I wish Drey and his girl luck in finding another girl to add to the mix but don't you think that would eventually result in drama? Have you ever been asked or invited to join in on a relationship where you would be the third one involved? If so what did you do? As always let me know what you think in the comments below. (:

11 comments :

  1. I know of people how have had similiar relationship offers but I don't know anyone who has! I think most people prefer having just one partner, each to there own but I don't think that I could share a partner with someone else? It just wouldn't be as intimate for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally don't know of any one having offers like this, but I honestly couldn't, I love the intimacy of having a one on one relationship and learning all about each other! The thought of another person could never be a good idea, it will most likely spark jealousy and end up one feeling left out! As they always say 3 is a crowd xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know anyone who has added a third person into their relationship - personally i think it would cause issues and drama for me, but I suppose it depends what type of person you are and as you say each to their own!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reckon there would be so much drama!! Enough drama in a one on one relationship haha. Good luck to them... Lol xxxx

    lucylovesbeautyxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! I don't know anyone that has ever been in this situation. Personally I'd hate the idea of my boyfriend even looking at another girl, even if I was strangely into her haha! In my opinion, relationships involve 2 people, other wise 1 of you is just bored n killing time!

    Lxoxo
    www.lovelibby.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I don't think I could. I think it's something that could potentially get very messy down the line. I think one person is enough, but good luck to the people who do like to polydate! I can just about remember my own important dates, let alone having to remember 2 other birthdays! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely wouldn't be happy in this situation but each to their own I guess! I know someone who sees more than one person but I don't think *personally* its right/something I would ever do!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I must say I've never seen something like this before but then again, I don't do tinder so god knows what I'd find if I did! But I could see this becoming potentially messy if anyone did get in on that..

    - Emily xx
    www.missbeautyemily.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems there's all sorts of people on Tinder! I wouldn't be interested in something like this but they make TV shows out of relationships like this!

    Sian x
    http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has become fairly common on dating apps - I've definitely seen it before, been messaged by people who show their wedding photos and sometimes even link to their partners dating account too! I have nooooooo interest but it's happened so much I've kinda started to assume that if he has a photo with a girl that he's polyamorous or in an open relationship. I don't know why they message me- I make it clear I'm only looking for SINGLE guys!

    ReplyDelete