Thursday, April 28, 2016

OkCupid - I'm a Traveler

So a username can be pretty telling for a person. I mean, I know that I didn't exactly know that I couldn't change my username later on when I first signed up but I was smart enough to at least make it something not ridiculous. So when your username includes "noplease" I'm not quite sure what to make of that nonsense. What exactly are you trying to politely say no to?


I mean. The conversation between us says it all. I get that we had a high match percentage, but that's actually pretty easy to do when someone has just started using the app because they haven't had the chance to answer a lot of the questions just yet. I've also said it before that the match percentage means nothing when people have nothing listed on their profile because what am I supposed to go off of? Are you going to be like that Irish guy claiming to be 5'10" when he had his profile say he was 5'8"? Remember, I do read this stuff.

I seem to get a handful of guys both young and old who have told me that they are a lawyer of some sort. I'm not quite sure if that's supposed to be impressive, if only because I've known plenty of lawyers and most of the time they were total douche-bags. Also depending on what firm they worked for could tell me a lot about them as well. Las Vegas is pretty big but you always hear a little bit about each of the different firms from people who've worked there or dealt with the employees. 

The fact that Wally decided to lead with the fact that he was a lawyer makes me think he thought that would be the most impressive thing about him. Don't get me wrong, I'd like a guy who has a career of some sort going or is finishing up grad school, but that doesn't become an automatic turn on for me. I mean, you could have the best job and all the money in the world, but if I don't find you attractive both physically and personality wise them I'm out. You're not worth my time or effort. I thought my response was appropriate because it was both honest and the truth.

No comments :

Post a Comment