Friday, April 1, 2016

Clover - JDC

It looks like OkCupid isn't the only place that has some older men stalking me. You know who I'm talking about. So with Clover you can see who likes you and scroll through that list and delete people or like them back in order to create a match. I legit lost track of how many people liked me but I know it's over 100 because I earned a badge for it? I'll talk about those badges later because this post is about one JDC. Now JDC popped up in my "likes you" list so I of course clicked his picture to gather more information. Then things got worse.

JDC is a 41 year old man who is 5'8" and you know how I feel about height. I can't be taller than you sir and in your pictures you are not attractive whatsoever. He even lists himself as overweight, which I praise him for being honest but it is pretty obvious from his pictures. Also, sitting on a motorcycle does not make someone cool. So I delete him as a match because alas no gold digging will happen here. Besides, it literally can't happen because he's listed his income as $20k-$30k and that isn't much.

So just as I think that I have gotten rid of him I see the coffee cup icon on the bottom with a little notification in the app so I click it. The coffee cup icon means dates. Apparently you can swipe through people and if you like what you see you can then ask them out on a date. Guess who is there? JDC. There is a picture of him and listed below it states JDC wants to meet you. He's listed the time and place to meet and I can either tap confirm or say I am not interested. Now I must say I do like Olive Garden but I will not be meeting you there JDC. Not ever.

Did I miss a memo about people just randomly asking strangers on dates without even talking to them first? I mean, I don't know about you but if a stranger came up to me in real life and just said "Hey, let's go on a date. Meet me tomorrow at Olive Garden at 6pm." I would easily just laugh it off and think he was weird, unless it was Chris Hemsworth but that's a different story. I don't even know this guy's name and even if he was closer to my age we haven't even talked yet, or I guess technically it would be messaged each other. Either way I don't know how I feel about this date feature and I doubt I'll confirm any date I'm offered.

No comments :

Post a Comment