Monday, March 28, 2016

OkCupid

I've literally had my OkCupid for less than 24 hours and have 215 likes, 138 visits to my profile, and 18 messages sent to me. Now, the deal with OkCupid is you have to pay if you want to see who has liked you and you can only see the five most recent people who visit to your profile, which is not something I plan to do. All communication is free though so anyone who sees my profile can send me a message. Needless to say with so many likes and visits in less than 24 hours I feel pretty popular. I literally only put up six pictures, a short description blurb saying I love to travel and run, and then listed some movies, music, and tv shows I watch. It's not a lot really.

Anyways, let's get into the messages thus far shall we?


There's one dude who messaged me saying he was "weak in the knees" after reading about all my running. I clicked his profile only to discover pictures of him dressed in bras and women's underwear along with a description saying "I want to submit to your domination" and "Hope you're into black guys like I am". Mind you this dude was white and looked like a stick at best. I'm still scarred and my eyes hurt just thinking about him because him in a bra was just plain weird.

There are two messages I got that were from men well into their 40's and let's just say neither of them were attractive enough for me to suddenly be interested in becoming a gold digger.

Now my other favorite message thus far is from a man who is well into his 30's who wrote, and I quote, "Hi gorgeous i defontly like to get to know u if ur interested". Perhaps I am just too much of a grammar nazi but that literally burned my eyes for a moment. I get chat speak but that's for teenagers. I'm currently thinking of a nicely worded comeback regarding his inability to spell.

Needless to say things are going to be interesting if we're off to such a great start. Now my other issue is that I'm a tall girl at 5'10" which means I need a guy who is taller than me. Argue with me all you want about how height shouldn't matter but it does to me. I can't be towering over a guy I'm with and then become a giant when I throw on a pair of heels. I am 98% sure that most all of my likes come from guys who are 5'8" or shorter and although I appreciate the likes that just sadly won't work out. Sorry boys. Also I only say this because these messages I've mentioned are from 5'6" and 5'8" guys.

Is it normal to get these responses? Anyone else get anything remotely as crazy?